2/23/08 - Life Journal - With Arms Wide Open


Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, "We should by all means go up and take possession of it, for we will surely overcome it.
But the men who had gone up with him said, "We are not able to go up against the people, for they are too strong for us."

Numbers 13:30,31


The chiefs from the tribes had returned from scouting the land promised to them. Although it was everything the Lord said it would be only Caleb had the faith in God's word and the confidence to go on. The rest (excluding Joshua) proved to be unfaithful cowards spreading fear throughout the camp.

Unfortunately I would have been in that group. I've often let opportunities given me by God pass by, lacking confidence and a false comfort, living out my "change is bad" philosophy. Believe me, my life is awesome but who knows where I'd be if I was more receptive to the chances I've been given. My biggest fear is passing off my "squatter" mentality to my children. Borrowing some wisdom from Scott Stapp of Creed, I hope they're not like me, I hope they understand, that they can greet the world with arms wide open.

Father, thank you for not giving up on me and instilling enough wisdom in my stubborn brain to act on the most important opportunity you ever gave me, a new life in You.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If our Heavenly Father did not love knuckleheads: what hope would there be for someone like me???

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Hey There. I just found your blog this morning. I'm sort of on a quest for good, quality blogs and yours seems to be one of them. If you ever get a chance, please stop by my blog and take a look. If you don't mind, I'll be stopping by more often.

Roger (Big Doofus)