2/6/08 - Life Journal - A Constant Diet of Worship!!!


"All fat is the LORD’s. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations, in all your dwelling places, that you eat neither fat nor blood."
Leviticus 3:16,17


Looks like the Jewish people have something here. I know the New Testament puts an end to the dietary restrictions of Leviticus (it's was comes out not what goes in) but this one I should look into.

Everything we do for God is worship. Everything we give to God is worship. Now, I haven't figured out anything to motivate me to get into and stay in shape. I know it's horrible. You'd figure staying alive for my family would do the trick but for me and a million others it doesn't. I don't know why. Selfishness? Maybe giving my health over to Him would work. Imagine being so incredibly thankful for the gift of life He has given me I actually use my health and exercise as a form of worship? Bring my bad diet to the altar. Bring my lack of self control to the altar. Bring my laziness to the altar. And burn, baby, burn. The next step? Get on that treadmill with the iPod cranked and go to town, running in worship, sweating out thanksgiving...Good idea?

Father I abuse the earthly body you've given me. Let me praise you by honoring your temple.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. {1 Timothy 4:8-9 NAS}

Be assured that I am horrified at my present physical condition. For I used to be able to run a 4.60 40 and could dead-lift over 600 pounds; but now I weight over 400 pounds and can barely get across a room.

Yes, there is a big difference between becoming sick and just letting yourself go; and woe be it unto those who do just let themselves go. For we should cherish our physical bodies as being like temples of our Heavenly Father; but that only goes so far.

Drummer Chris said...

OK, so bodily discipline is only of little profit, but when seen from an personal ETERNAL postion. I can see that.

But if our present condition is not because of an sickness or disability but because of sloth or gluttony it is an affront to our Father. 1 Corin.6:19 tells us our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit. I know in context it's speaking of sexual morality but I feel it's just as pertinent in this conversation.

On a wider scale, missionally speaking, doesn't how we act or treat ourselves affect the light we are supposed to be shining in this world?

Of course bodily image can lead to pride and self worship but that's another story all together....

Thanks for the input fish...