2/12/08 - Life Journal - He's Dealt Bountifully With Me


How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?

How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?

How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Psalm 13


David's obviously in a bad spot. He feels as though God has left him. His enemies are upon him and he fears death. He's begging for life and though he doubts for a moment he testifies at the end that God will hear, His love's neverending and will lead him to safety. He's always been bountiful to him so his faith is strong even in sorrow.

I need to remember this verse and David's response to his trouble. God is good, has always been good to me. Even when things didn't seem to work out right, in the end God's plan has always led to a conclusion where I could say, "So that's why You did that, or allowed that to happen".

Lord, I pray for the strength and faith of David. I will sing to You for You have always dealt bountifully with me. (And when I forget this, thank you for Sheri who's always there to remind me)

2 comments:

Eddy Williams said...

Chris,

I appreciate your blog. God is so good to us. Keep writing good stuff. I cracked up over your solution to the dripping sandwich!

Eddy

Drummer Chris said...

Thanks Eddy, just to let you know, you push me to set aside time early in the day to do my journal because your entry is always waiting there for me in my reader.