2/20/08 - Life Journal - The Lord is My Shepherd


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4


Imagery of God as our shepherd is awesome, especially here. The sheep are being led through a valley, the staff their guide, as His rod protects them from the wolves.

We are living in a world filled with evil. Sin, temptation and death are all around. Thank you Lord that we have you as our shepherd. Your staff, in the form of Your word and the Spirit that lives within me, is my guide. Your rod, used not only for protection but for discipline, leads me to righteousness and not into temptation. Your Son's life gave me the victory over sin and death. I am comforted, I will fear no evil.

Father, I pray that my life can help lead people to your green pastures and still waters with a restored soul.

No comments: