2/24/08 - Life Journal - No Fear


Only do not rebel against the Lord; and do not fear the people of the land, for they will be our prey. Their protection has been removed from them, and the Lord is with us; do not fear them.

Numbers 14:9


Caleb's pleading with his people, telling them that God is with them, reminding them of His promises. The land is ours to take! It doesn't matter the size of our enemies. God has dominion over all and if He says we're to take the land then we take the land. He has lifted His protection from them.

If we find ourselves called by Him, whatever that calling might be, if we're assured of it's validity through prayer and study of scripture, positive that it's His will then we're bound to go for it! What do we have to fear? (yeah I know fear itself) Death? Jesus has already conquered death. Sustenance? He has promised to take care of our daily needs. Ridicule? The "world" hates us already. Ignoring His call only delays the blessings waiting us. All I know is I don't want to wander in the desert for 40 more years.......

Speak to me Lord, show me my calling. If I'm in the right place for now, well, Your will be done, not mine.

No comments: