2/27/08 - Life Journal - Hometown Zero?


And He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He marveled because of their unbelief.

Mark 6:5,6


Homecoming! Victor's parade, proud family, banners proclaiming, "Nazareth's got our Savior, what's your town got?"

...wait...back up the truck...let's start again...

Homecoming! Who does this kid think he is? Savior? Yeah, right. Just the son of a carpenter. Brother? No idea who he is. Healer? I'm not so sure, I think I was already getting over this leprosy before he got here.

They didn't believe. How could they not believe? He was right there, they'd heard the stories and seen the proof. I'm only a bit better. Yes, I believe. But do I live out that belief? Do I live my life by faith stemming from that belief? Not hardly. Always trying to do it on my own. Not living the example of a joyous life in my freedom in Him. Not thankful for all His blessings. Not sacrificial in my giving to help expand His kingdom and lukewarm in sharing my faith. My faith is dead.

Father, stir up in me a revival. Remind me of the fire I had when You first rescued me. Kill me so that I can live.

No comments: