2/2/08 - Life Journal - God is Good, All Good is God


I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you."
Psalm 16:2


David's realization here is the basis for understanding our place on earth. We are nothing without Him. Everything good is Him. On the converse, everthing evil is a lack of Him. We are spiritual beings trapped in our carnal bodies. Left to our own devices no good can come of us. Our primitive minds couldn't have come up with our belief systems on our own. It's the Spirit that has put them there. Here's a great quote from the new show Eli Stone. When Eli states that he doesn't believe in God he's confronted with this statement;

"Sure you do, you believe in right and wrong. You believe in justice. You believe in fairness. And you believe in love. All those things, they're God, Eli."


God has given me purpose. He's given me a belief system, a moral system, a conscious and love. Without Him we'd be living in chaos. How can I get this across to an unbeliever? How can atheists not see this? Where do they think these feelings and systems come from? Left to our basic instinct, the fight for "numero uno" would destroy these good impulses as we all fought for our own gain.

God give me the wisdom (and patience) to enlighten those that can't see these simple facts. All that is good is You. Bottom line. All we need to know.

No comments: