2/5/08 - Life Journal - Part Time God


Throughout all their journeys, whenever the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the people of Israel would set out. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not set out till the day that it was taken up.
Exodus 40:36,37


I think God is getting sick of his little kids disobeying, unable to think for themselves and all together making a mess of everything. After giving instructions for tabernacle down to the minute details and placing competent people in the lead of it's construction He then decided to "reside" with them and guide them every step of the way. "OK, listen up, when the cloud goes up, move, when it doesn't, don't. Do you guys think you can handle that?"

Reading this I was wishing I had such simple guidelines to follow, then it hit me. I do, I just haven't been using them. I have His word, sure it takes time to dig into it, but am I going to get any help wasting time watching TV? I have prayer, sure I don't think I know how to do it correctly and I can't be sure when He's trying to speak to me, but again, I have to get away from my daily distractions and seriously spend time with Him. He isn't going to accept being my spare time God, called upon only if I have the time. Him and His word should be my priority, everthing can have the leftovers...

Father, I apologize, I've let the idols of this world keep me from you then I have the nerve to ask why you're not listening to me.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Whoa...I agree.....and I may want 'other' Christians to do it..but all He is asking is for me to follow.....