2/3/08 - Life Journal - "Yes Father, I am here"


At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"
Acts 10:1-3


The yeast is rising! Of all the people God could chose to set His plan for the Gentiles into motion He picked this little known centurion in the Roman army. It was his job to contact Peter and bring him to his household. After Peter's recent vision's and the sight of this God-fearing family of gentiles, he knew that the Kingdom of God could never be held to just the Jews. His thought were confirmed when this family was overcome by the Holy Spirit and became the newest members of Jesus' following.

I don't understand God's thinking when it comes to His choosing of messengers but accounts like these give me hope when pondering my purpose. His choice fits His purpose exactly, right time, right place, right circumstances. He has a plan for me, His lowly draftsman, dad, husband, drummer, hack guitarist, fisherman. How can I not be excited as I wait to see what His plan is?

Yes Father, I'm here.

No comments: