2/21/08 - Life Journal - Y'all Come Back Now, Y'hear?


"And I have given the Levites as a gift to Aaron and his sons from among the people of Israel, to do the service for the people of Israel at the tent of meeting and to make atonement for the people of Israel, that there may be no plague among the people of Israel when the people of Israel come near the sanctuary."

Numbers 8:19


After this section on conscrating the Levites God throws this little warning in his blessing, "...that there may be no plague among the people of Israel when the people of Israel come near the sanctuary."

We're so far from His sanctuary in this country it's amazing we haven't been taken over by frogs. If we've learned anything from the OT is that God will let us sit in our own mistakes for a time until we come to our senses and turn back to Him. He's not gonna beg. We have to do the seeking, only we can repair our relationships with Him.

Father, Your patience is amazing, please forgive us even though we DO know what we do.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have you know that I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time; and as a matter of fact: I happen to like frogs!!! Yes, as a matter of another fact: I do feel better now.

Okay, that was whollly (not to mention: Holy) inappropriate. For the spiritual condition of far too many is most certainly nothing to joke about; but in times of great pain and anguish: it does help to laugh when you can.

Please keep speaking from HIS heart, Chris. For He is accomplishing much in and through you.

Marlo Boux said...

all I can say is AMEN.

Drummer Chris said...

Thank you both, I still can't get over the fact that people read my stuff.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I'm new here and I really enjoy reading this blog, but I have to say that I don't agree with the idea that God doesn't seek us. He does. He seeks us and He finds us. There's an old saying in the church that goes:

"God helps those who help themselves."

It's just not true. When I was lost He found me. Sometimes I'm wallowing in my own self pity and doubt and He still finds me. Sure, I'm better off when I seek Him daily. The same can be said for any relationship. But Praise Jesus that He still seeks me when there are times that I don't "feel" like seeking Him.

Drummer Chris said...

Doof, if I may call you Doof.

I totally agree that His Spirit is constantly seeking us but He has also been known to sit back and let His people learn from their mistakes.

Thanks for reading! I welcome all comments and criticisms as growth.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I hope I wasn't being critical (although I was just joking with someone that I have the spiritual gift of criticism).

I DO agree that God does allow us to stew in our mistakes and stubbornness sometimes. But Jesus is often referred to as the Good Shepherd. He seeks us--sometimes even when we don't seek him. It's grace and mercy.

But I don't think we disagree.

By the way, you can call me whatever you want, but my name is Roger.

Drummer Chris said...

No worries, I wasn't meaning criticism in a negative way....

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

We're good. By the way, in the past I played guitar in our worship band. These days I'm a sub and play for the children's church. The worship band took up more time than I had to give.