2/11/08 - Life Journal - Workplace Ministry


After this Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. And he found a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to leave Rome. And he went to see them, and because he was of the same trade he stayed with them and worked, for they were tentmakers by trade.

Acts 18:1-3


After entering Corinth Paul ran into some believing Jews from Italy. They not only had their love for Jesus in common but also their trade. This put a depth into their relationship that made communing together that much easier.

This is a good verse to look at when I get that whole "stuck in my cubicle" feelin'. I'm surrounded by a group of people that already have one thing in common with me. No, not that they hate their job, well maybe, but that we are all in the same vocation. The first barrier to open communication has already been stripped away. I now just have to lead by example and stay receptive to opportunities to share my faith, the getting to know you part is done.

Father, thank You for trusting me with Your word. I know I'm a lousy verbal communicator but Your Spirit will instruct me when the time comes.

No comments: