All the help I can get...when it comes to girls!


I'm always interested in fashion trends, "female" issues, teenage girl problems, dating dilemmas and all kinds of stuff feminine. Why you may ask? Sound kind of freaky?

Well those of you that know me know that I have 3 girls in my house, my wife, and my girls, 9 and 5. (That's not their names, you know what I mean.) Since becoming a father of girls I've all of a sudden started cringing when I see what is displayed on TV and in the media and I cheer when I hear of purity vows and role models coming forward like the Barlow Girls. I've told Sheri many times that I'll pay whatever it costs if the style reverts back to my high school days. You know, the old preppy look...Izod...Jeans AT the waist...penny loafers...khaki's. You think He would consider that His will if I prayed for the return of that look?

So anyway, I'm secure enough in my manliness to every once in a while get in touch with my feminine side and see what's going on over there on planet Venus. So anyway, here's a couple of stories that gave me some hope:

American Heritage Girls: The new Christian alternative for the Girl Scouts. Actually this sounds like it is a group returning to the Girl Scouts roots before the monster of Political Correctness swept over us. It may sound like what another blogger affectionately refers to as "christian cheese" but after reading their beliefs I wish there was a "troop" near here.


Pure Fashion is a faith-based program that encourages teen girls to live, act, and dress in accordance with their dignity as children of God.

Pure Fashion focuses on guiding young women ages 14 to 18 to become confident, competent leaders who live the virtues of modesty and purity in their schools and communities. Pure Fashion models learn the importance of living a life in accordance with God's will and fostering a life of grace through purity of heart, mind, and body. Models participate in an eight month Model Training Program covering:

Public speaking
Manners and social graces
Hair and make up artistry
Personal presentation and much more
The Pure Fashion program culminates in a city-wide fashion show featuring clothing that is pretty but not provocative, trendy but still tasteful.


Christa Taylor Cute, modest clothing and accessories that fit real girls and women and make a statement of femininity, charm, beauty, and originality. (OK, so the swimsuit is from the 1920's)


True Love Waits is one of several approaches to challenging teenagers and college students to make a commitment to sexual abstinence until marriage.

Ok, so I'm not Ward Cleaver and my past is not a great example for anyone to follow, especially my son, but having lived 30 years IN the world I know first hand that it's a pretty hollow place. Besides, my high school looked like a monastery compared to what I see today. The fact that BRATZ are some of the most popular toys along with their Baby BRATZ (or hookers in training) should tell us something is wrong! I'm just looking for all the help I can get!

No comments: