High School Musical vs. Hollywood


Thank you Disney (never thought I'd say that)! HSM is awesome and my girls love it. Even my 3 yr. old son danced around the house with his basketball singing "Get Your Head in the Game. My wife and I are big Grease fans but I don't know, these kids got it goin on. One thing I realized after watching them both pretty recently is how raunchy Grease actually is. Nothing overly conspicuous but still. I love this review for HSM from Time magazine:

"a raging bacchanal of hand holding, milk drinking and explicit thespianism! Obviously, this is escapism for parents too. Even the kids' rebellions – baking crème brûlée, angry dance numbers – would look good on a college application."


and from the Christian Post:

Disney Channel's "High School Musical" phenomenon has shattered cable viewing records and has millions of teens talking and singing about a G-rated youth culture contrasting the violence, drugs and sex prevailing on media screens today.


Great job, I hear there's a third coming to theaters next year. We'll all be there on opening night most likely.

No comments: