8/11/07 - Life Journal - Give Glory to His Name

So, they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but because of the people watching I said it, so that they may believe that you sent me."
John 11:41,42


The first thing I noticed was Jesus showing his gratitude to the Father BEFORE Lazarus walked out of the tomb. He knew because of His faith that God would answer Him. Second, He did this for the benefit of those watching. Jesus Chris, the One who was about to raise the dead, Savior to those onlookers, took none of the glory for Himself, but passed it up to His Father whose will He was doing.

How often have I beamed under the praise of men? How often have I entered into prayer without 100% faith that He would answer? When we live according to His will He wants nothing more than to answer our prayers. Then, we must give all credit to Him in praise so he will be glorified on earth and others will be drawn to him.

No comments: