In the Big Inning!


I pulled this off of Night Owl's blog....Great analogy!

When I think of my mission here on earth, I am reminded of the term sacrifice as used in baseball. A batter bunts, (sacrifices themselves), in order for a runner to advance bases. In doing so, the batter is not only sacrificing themselves for the base runners, but for the team as a whole. Well now, there’s an interesting thought; when I sacrifice myself for one person, the team benefits. Should and must fit well in this example. The batter could say, “I should bunt” and then choose to just swing for the fence; and maybe get lucky. More than likely, they won’t get lucky; they will simply be an out with nothing to show for it. In the end, the team as a whole pays for the choice. One side thought here. When the coach says you “must” bunt and the player says “I should” bunt, there is going to be a price to pay for that choice. That price is going to be more than simply walking back to the dugout saying, “I ‘should’ have done what was asked of me”. Looking back, there has always been a price when I “should” have done what God asked of me but didn’t.

Thanks!

No comments: