8/20/07 - Life Journal - Check out my Bling....


Why do you boast of your valleys, boast of your valleys so fruitful? O unfaithful daughter, you trust in your riches and say, 'Who will attack me?'
Jeremiah 49:4


We brag about our material gains on earth, using it as an excuse for not submitting fully to God. What's the point? I have everything I want, who needs Him.

The truth is we have everything because of Him whether we'd like to admit it or not. Without his blessings we'd have nothing and without our thankfulness one day He might turn his face from us and that's exactly what we'd end up with.

I have to come to fully realize this. In some ways I still believe I can do this myself and am proud at what I've done and what I have without thinking that if I didn't have these God given talents I couldn't have done anything! And without His grace I would have succeeded in screwing up my life a long time ago.

No comments: