8/15/07 - Life Journal - Revel in Persecution


I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of this world, even as I am not of the world. I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one."
John 17:14,15


This world will hate us, the surge in atheist rhetoric being a great example. Be strong knowing that Jesus said we would be persecuted for speaking the truth. The persecution could get worse, but be joyful knowing it for God's glory.

We all have wondered why we aren't removed from this world but read further. Jesus didn't ask God to take us out of this world, but to extend His hand of protection over us as we continue on with the assignment we have been given.

I have to remember that derisive statements, feelings of insecurity, shyness when speaking of my faith, anger/hatred towards me and all out attacks on my character or person are all from the "evil one". Celebrate His victory when satan comes against you.

No comments: