8/16/07 - Life Journal - A Double-Edged Sword


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his upper rooms by injustice, making his countrymen work for nothing, not paying them for their labor.
Jeremiah 22:13


This one hit me as the double-edged sword that is a major cause of the lack of faith in this country. The rich are getting richer, but not with hard work, seems that's a thing of the past. See a new idea, buy it. Need some more profits, move your factory to Mexico. Want to retire, cash out the pension plan and disappear. Slow down production causing a false shortage, hire illegal aliens, doctor your taxes, write off your yachts, buy off your congressman, launder your cash where ever you can. That's the name of the game. Get more, doesn't matter the cost. Forget about all that religious crap! I did it all by myself. Check out my Benz and my mansion. Why do I need God.

End of sword - side one

Start sword - side two

How many millions of backs are being broken under the weight of just trying to stay alive? I'm not talking about people like me, I'm more like the first group than I'd care to admit. I mean the people that barely make enough to survive. Without them there wouldn't be us! How must they feel about a God than can let them live in this servitude? How strong must their faith be to believe there's a purpose for their life and they will receive their treasures elsewhere?

The meek shall inherit the earth, true, when the rich man's pride is broken and he's humbled to his knees before God and the poor are brought out of the shadows and given pride and dignity from those whose thumbs they are under.

No comments: