8/9/07 - Life Journal - I'll Take You Back, Always


'For I am gracious,' declares the LORD; 'I will not be angry forever.

'Only acknowledge your iniquity, That you have transgressed against the LORD your God And have scattered your favors to the strangers under every green tree, And you have not obeyed My voice,' declares the LORD.

'Return, O faithless sons,' declares the LORD; 'For I am a master to you, And I will take you one from a city and two from a family, And I will bring you to Zion.'

Jeremiah 3:12-14


How many times have I heard "I'm not good enough, if you only new what I've done in my life you'd understand." Well, I don't understand. Many people are so down on themselves and their past they cannot accept this gift of grace and start a new life in Jesus. So many feel unworthy.

----EXACTLY!----


We are ALL unworthy. Does anyone out there actually think they are so righteous they DESERVED to have God send His Son to die on the cross or they didn't need Him to do it in the first place? That they are so perfect God will just shrug and tell St. Peter, "It's OK, he's with me", and ceremoniously remove the velvet ropes and let them in to some kind of VIP section?

Unfortunately there were and are, starting way back with the Pharisee's. You couldn't get any better than them, just ask them! Don't worry, He will humble the mighty.

So anyway, no, you are not good enough.

Yes, He still loves you, no matter what you have done.

No, you can't do it without him.

Yes, He has seen it all, He knows what it takes to get you through any situation.

No, you can't just sit back and let it happen.

Yes, you must humble yourselves, admit you are a sinner, repent of your sins and ask Jesus into your heart as your Savior.

No, that's not the end.

Yes, you must share the joy you have found.

No, you will not die.

Yes, He is coming back.

No comments: