8/30/07 - Life Journal - He Sees You When You're Sleeping


Ezekiel 8


I couldn't see one verse to sit by itself here. God takes Ezekiel on a journey through Jerusalem. The purpose of which is to show all the evil happening in His city. Even "...in the inner court of the house of the Lord...were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the LORD and their faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east."(v. 16)

This hit me as a great lesson in the impossiblity of hiding anything from the all-knowing God. Whatever you practice in darkness, He sees with His light. My old pastor, David Baxter, did a lesson on integrity. If you want to see what type of person you really are, just look at what you do when you think noone is watching.

Lord let me feel your presence when I'm alone and need your strength.

No comments: