9/03/07 - Life Journal - Battle of Old and New


Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I bring you into the land of Israel, the land I had sworn with uplifted hand to give to your fathers. 43 There you will remember your conduct and all the actions by which you have defiled yourselves, and you will loathe yourselves for all the evil you have done.
Ezekiel 20:42,43


When the glory of the Lord is revealed to the Israelites through the fulfillment of His covenant the people will hate themselves for the evil they have done.

When I gave myself to Him and His love the Spirit took residence in my soul and kicked my conscious into overdrive. Though forgotten by Him I Iook back on the stupid things I've done and the sin I lived in with hatred. My present is a constant struggle, my new self fighting with my old, I'm aware of the sin as it's being comitted. I'm involved in a spirtual basic training, my reborn soul's quest for righteousness warring against the ways of the flesh.

Lord stand with me in this fight and carry my when I stumble. I want your righteousness but I'm weak.

No comments: