9/13/07 - Life Journal - Shepherd His Flock


"Son of man, prophecy against the shepards of Israel. Prophecy and say to those shepherds, 'Thus says the Lord God, "Woe shpeherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shpeherds feed the flock?"
Ezekiel 34:2


The Lord was a little ticked off that the leaders of the remnant were taking care of themselves and leaving the majority to fend for themselves.

There are many examples of this today. CEO's raiding pension funds, poiticians taking care of special interests, pastors building huge kingdoms on earth making tons of money, the list goes on. But what about me? How am I doing with my family? Co-workers? People I lead at church? The multitude of lost I encounter daily? How can I be a better shepherd?

Rule #1 - Slow to talk and quick to listen.

Paying attention, showing genuine interest. How can I shepherd these people if I have no idea what's happening with them? Besides assisting physically or in worldly matters, it will open up spiritual opportunities as well.

Lord trust me with your staff. Let me shepherd those I know of and be cognizant of opportunities you give me to shepherd others.

No comments: