Our Testimony


Great stuff from Pastor Jim Holm of New Hope Foursquare Church in Salem, OR. It's taken from his Life Journal entry for today. It's drawn from Revelation 11:7 and the depiction of God's two witnesses sharing their testimony.

"This life is all about testimony. I have a friend who has said about someone who wasn't exactly following the Lord, "They're working on their testimony." Life before knowing Jesus is building a testimony for His grace to work through. Life after Jesus is sharing that testimony of His grace (while, of course, we continue to build more testimony).
No one can stop my testimony. They can try to explain away creation, try to discredit the Bible and debate points of doctrine, but they can't eliminate my testimony. "I once was blind but now I see. My life has been radically altered, and yours can too" is the message of my testimony and many others just like me. I will continue on this earth until God decides I have finished my testimony. Then I will go to be with Him. You just can't beat that.


No comments: