Indescribable


We'll be playing Chris Tomlin's "Indescribable" this Sunday and I happened across this article at blog.worship.com about the story behind the song. It's a little long but a great example of stepping outside your comfort zone.

Speaking of breaking out of a comfort zone, a few weeks ago I left my spot behind the drums to do a duet with Joe. It was awesome, we sang "If I Had a Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies. First time singing plus first time on bass guitar. I enjoyed it so much and got such positive feedback that when I had an option of using another drummer this week I hopped at the chance to play bass again. Singing back up is still in the air but we'll see at practice.

What's keeping you in your comfort zone? What does God want for you that you're holding back on?

The rest of our set list this week is...........

Famous One
Sing to the King
Not to Us
Whisper My Name
How Great is Our God

See y'all there!

2 comments:

Adam Mayfield said...

so....are we considering a change in the name of the blog to "Inside the mind of a Worship Drummer who sometimes plays bass, and then also sometimes sings back-up?"

I personally think it has a nice ring to it.

Drummer Chris said...

...and maybe harmonica and accordion!