9/24/07 - Life Journal - The Centurion


He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed."
Luke 7:6,7


The centurion is the first gentile we meet that shows his faith and believes that Jesus is the Son of God. He also shows the humbleness before Him when he declares that he does not deserve Him in his presence. Being a soldier himself he understands the logic of a hierarchy and knowing this he places Jesus at the top, what Jesus says or commands is done without question.

I also must humble myself and submit to His authority for He truly is the Ruler of All Nations. He has the power to change my life and through me the lives of others. With the unquestioning dedication of a soldier it is my duty to "enlist" others through the example of my life and the words of my testimony and they too, like the centurions servant, will be healed.

Jesus, use me, wipe the scales from my eyes to I can walk blindly in your path, using your light for guidance, humbly making my way to the foot of the cross.

No comments: