9/18/07 - Life Journal - Humble Servant


"I am the Lords's servant", Mary answered, "May it be to me as you have said". Then the angel left her.
Luke 1:38

"From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me - Holy is His name."
Luke 1:48,49


In her song, Mary is shouting out the understanding that she now had after her conversation with Elizabeth. She would be called blessed because of God's work in her. Imagine the shock of the responsibility that hit her when Elizabeth and the unborn John verified that she was carrying the Lord and Savior? This all was set in motion by her humble acceptance in verse 38, "I am the Lord's servant."

How eager are we to submit to the Lord's will without hesitation? Hasn't He already put upon us the command to take the Gospel to all nations? Baptizing and teaching? What are we waiting for? What am I waiting for? Being a Christ follower hasn't been and isn't going to get any easier. Do I think I can wait for a big revival? For Christianity to be cool? Or like Zechariah, has my hesitation taken away my voice until the Son is fully revealed in me?

Lord let me jump for joy like the unborn John and shout Your praise like Mary as I humbly submit to you.

No comments: