9/02/07 - Life Journal - God wants to give you life


"Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!
Ezekiel 18:30-32


God can't understand why the people of Israel would chose death over life. The narrowmindedness of their satisfying their earthly pleasures and not turning to Him in times of trouble are unconceivable to Him. He wants life for them, He wants none of His children to die.

I know this, I know He loves me and hates for anyone to die when life is available to all. Why do I let my flesh get in the way? He gave me free will to chose to love Him. He could have created a race of perfect humans that would follow Him blindly but He wanted real relationships, not robots. Overcoming this world and freely choosing Him is the strongest sign of love we can give Him and that's exactly what He wants. So why can't I fully submit to Him? Why am I so weak?

Lord let me feel your love so I can see how incomparable the temporary love I can get from the things in this world truly is.

No comments: