9/05/07 - Life Journal - The Taste of Sin


So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.
Revelation 10:9,10


This scroll contained terrible news for those he would prophesy against (v.11). It was sweet as honey at first as he would see the coming of the Christ to begin His reign but it would quickly sour as he saw the demise of the many that still haven't turned from their sin.

The things this world have to offer are also like honey when they hit our lips but the sourness of guilt they leave in our stomachs should make us wonder why we took a taste in the first place. Will we ever learn? Can we stop the sin? On the radio today, listening to Albert Mohler, he said that there will be a day when we we have finally over come sin. When we meet Him face to face and are glorified in Heaven. Til then fight the good fight, it will involve suffering, mainly from your old self getting ticked off and fighting back when you turn away from the sweetness of temporal pleasures........

Lord teach me to think eternally, not temporally.

No comments: