9/11/07 - Life Journal - Submit and He Will Answer


But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.
Daniel 1:8

Daniel replied, "No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, 28 but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries.
Daniel 2:27,28

As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.
Daniel 2:42,43


It's amazing to me that two of the first actions recorded of Daniel were acts of obedience to God. Now remember, he was in a strange land and he was like, "Nope, not gonna eat your food or drink your wine". Pretty gutsy since the King personally set him up in the palace, but because of his devotion God put it on the officials heart to go along with him. Next, he not only interprets Old Neb's dream, he tells him exactly what the dream was about. Sweet, time to boast....Nope. All the glory went straight to God. Did King Nezzer get ticked? Nope, he fell at Daniel's feet and gave glory to "Daniel's" God. Then he made Daniel the head of all of Babylon!

What an awesome example of how not to seperate the secular from the spiritual. I know I'm different at work, home and church. Language is a little different, jokes that are told are a little different and the amount of time speaking on spiritual matters is a lot different. This double-mindedness is a huge no-no and I'll never be the mature Christian and man I want to be until I can conquer this. I am the clay and iron mixture that can't stay united. The USA is the clay and iron mixture that can't stay united.

Lord, chase the old me out of my home and workplace. Be in my heart when around others to give You glory through my actions.

No comments: