9/04/07 - Life Journal - Sealed in Victory


They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
Revelation 9:4


What hit me about this verse really didn't have the people referenced here in mind (those in the midst of the tribulation that did not have the seal of the covenant with God setting them apart) but us in the here and now. Once we give ourselves to Christ we are sealed and under the protection of the Father. With the Christ alive in our hearts no evil can come against us and we have nothing to fear, not even death itself.

I am sealed with His love. Why am I ashamed? Why am I living like the battle hasn't already been won? I can be bold in Him. I can take the ways of my past and, well, tell them to go to Hell! I can stop limping along and march victoriously with Him who has defeated death.

Lord make me be bold. Nothing is stronger than you and you have seen all so you can get me through anything. Let me display my seal for all to see.

No comments: