12/29/07 - Life Journal - Your Words are Sweet


"Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey." And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.
Revelation 10:9,10


The gift of salvation comes across our tongues with the sweet taste of honey but for some, when they dig into the matter, it sours their stomach when they realize what it means for them. Taking up the cross and following, losing your life to gain it, that last shall be first, camel's through the eye's of needles, the meek shall inherit the earth, go live your life and sin no more. It's too much for people to take when their heads are centered on this life.

I still have troubles with some of the words of Jesus. Imagine those just now hearing his Gospel? It's hard to break free from a lifestyle that has become a part of you, especially if you are coming into the faith at a later age or even worse, if you think you've got things under control on your own. It's my job to move people along by viewing my life, the joy living free in Him is unexplainable and like I heard Pastor Danny Hodges of Calvary Chapel St. Pete once say, "I've never met anyone that is truly repentant look back on their old life with regret".

Father, your words are sweet and the rewards even sweeter. Let me live in a way that reflects this to those that may be struggling.

No comments: