12/14/07 - Life Journal - No Pain, No Gain


Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us...
Hebrews 12:1


In the previous chapter we were told about the "Heroes of the Faith". Now the writer is telling us that these same guys, the foundations of it all, are our "cheering section." While we're running the race of out lives, these guys are in the stands, doing the wave, screaming at us, "HAVE FAITH, HAVE FAITH, HAVE FAITH....." We're called to run with endruance, meaning lasting for the long haul, but we will at first "run out of gas", screwing up here and there, gasping for breath but remember, endurance comes through training, it doesn't happen overnight.

I say I try my hardest to resist sin but vs. 4 tells me otherwise! Have I yet spilt blood in my resistance? Yeah, right. I've barely broken a sweat. I gotta get on the treadmill, do some "heavy lifting" with His word and allow the breath of the Spirit to fill my lungs. Maybe then I'll be ready.

Lord, I want to win this race for you. You have placed such great "fans and trainers" for me in history as well as currently in my life and time. I won't stop until I'm ready.

No comments: