12/13/07 - Life Journal - My Hope is in You


For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins...
Hebrews 10:26


Continuing with the new covenant, when Jesus, as the perfect sacrificial lamb, died for our sin that was that. The covenant was sealed in His blood. This is now "the law". No more daily sacrifices made by imperfect priests. There is nothing I can do now but continually fall at His feet with a repentant heart and thank Him for the forgiveness of my transgressions; past, present and future.

To continue willfully in sin now that I have the knowledge is shoving His grace back in His face and sending Him once again to that cross. That guilt I feel? That's Him through the Spirit pleading, "Why must you do this to me?" If I'm ever truly repentant, I mean a 180 degree turn around, will I stop this nonsense? Will I ever be able to walk with Him with a clear conscience? I hope so because He is my only hope.

Let's try this again.......Jesus, help me! Can this be done? Put it on my heart and burn it in my mind.

No comments: