12/19/07 - Life Journal - Do You Want to be Healed?


When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?" The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me."
John 5:6,7


This man, paralyzed for 38 years lay beside this pool, Bethesda, on a daily basis just waiting for someone to help him in the water. Jesus approached him with the simple question, "Do you want to be healed?"

How many people around me are waiting for someone to ask, "Do you want to be healed?" Everyone has a life they are struggling with and many feel there is no one who cares. That's my job, that's where my purpose is fulfilled, showing them that there is one, Christ Jesus, that cares for them above no other. If I go through life with blinders on, not building relationships and sharing life with people I'll never know the hurt, worries and pain that are strangling this world and the freedom in Christ that I have will be cut off at the source.

Lord, open my eyes to the people waiting at the water's edge, begging to be healed with no one there to answer.

No comments: