12/16/07 - Life Journal - Time for Action


Therefore, prepare your minds for action...
1 Peter 1:13


Everyone, no matter what they may be; soldier, athlete, business man, teacher, musician, scientist, so on..., prepares themselves in some way. Whether it's study, practice, training or rehearsing, they do it to one day put it to use. There might be a few "selfish" ones storing it up for themselves but most are preparing for action.

Peter hit me with this one. I read. A lot. I also spend time now fleshing out my thoughts in words. Why? What good is any knowledge I acquire doing trapped "inside the mind of a worship drummer"? God just told me through Peter to prepare my mind. For what? For action! First I'll pray for God to guide me. Then I'll have to take another look at yesterday's entry.

- Put my faith to work to produce works of faith -


Lord, how would you use me?

No comments: