12/9/07 - Life Journal - Somebody's Watching Me


They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him.
Titus 1:16


This is one of the biggest dangers we face as professing Christians. How so? The more we share our faith the wider our circle of accountability. Directly and through the grapevine the number of people who have us under the microscope grows exponentially whether this is fair or not. True, we're not perfect but non-believers see us as representative of His entire church. I'd say that a common belief is that Christians are hypocritical, some cases true, most cases just our ongoing battle with the flesh. Never-the-less, we must live the best we can to lead people to, not away from, Jesus!

Man, it's tough! Everywhere I go; home, work, little league, church, family gatherings. I can't relax! I have to wipe out the old self completely! No double-mindedness, no putting my life in compartments!

Father, refine me with your fire. My old self is only trouble for myself and others.

2 comments:

Gerry Hatrić said...

I hear you, but on the other hand its also important to keep it real!

Drummer Chris said...

Exactly why I need to get rid of one self, the supposed "dead" one that keeps rearing it's ugly head, so that I am completely real. I know people aren't stupid and will see a fake brand of piousness from a mile away.