12/15/07 - Life Journal - Alternate Definition of Works


Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
James 2:21


It's interesting that the first example of works given by James is not for something like Abraham refusing the spoils of war to reserve the glory for God or standing in to delay the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah to save the righteous but for displaying his faith, or putting his faith to work.

If I don't put my faith to work it is truly dead. To continue on the definition where works are defined as acts it must follow like this: I must use my faith, or in other words, put it to work (action) so it can lead me to perform good works (result).

Father, whatever the semantics, if I don't make that leap my faith in you does nothing for me, others and ultimately You.

No comments: