12/4/07 - Life Journal - Fad Resistance


Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
Ephesians 4:14


As we grow unified in Christ and are built up and instructed through our study and personal time with the Father we will become immune to the passing fads and latest church building plans. People can see through the marketing schemes and if we aren't solid in our faith and knowledge all the church planting conferences in the world won't do any good for His kingdom.

As I study more I'm continually blown away by all the "factions" within the Protestant church, the new "right" ways to do things and the varied doctrines sworn to be correct above all others, but I can't let all that bother me and take me away from my purpose. Model my life after Jesus the best I can, constantly increase my knowledge, and live out my life as a Christ follower above all else.

God, I pray that I only seek you and not the praise of man. If I never again stepped into a formal church gathering I know that that would make me no less of a follower of your son if I am truly living my life on mission.

No comments: