12/11/07 - Life Journal - Account-A-Billi-Buddy


But encourage one another day after day as long as it is still called "today", so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:13


I've heard that it's near impossible for a Christian to "do it on his own". Sin is serious and Satan is THE deceiver. The importance of having a circle of influence including all ages of believers along with personal accountability partners can't be stressed enough. Just someone to talk to when struggling with something could be enough to get you through.

It's hard finding someone close enough that you can trust with your struggles. I, personally, don't know if I can though I know I should. I have an "accountabilibuddy" tentatively in place but I don't think either of us are ready for some hard talks. I need to remember that there is nothing I could face that hasn't been encountered by someone at some time. I might not have the same problems as this person but I know that our common ground is that we're both dealing with something and it's better to not shoulder it on our own.

Father, thank you for the resources you have given me in my fellow christians, just help me get the common sense to use them.

No comments: