Pandering at it's worst!

Well, you can mark Rudy Giuliani and John Edwards off my list. (John wasn't ever really on it). Have you heard their latest garbled sound bites? They have both made the same statements about moral convictions. Basically that they have no weight when making political decisions. WHAT?

Here's a Rudy comment:

"And my view on abortion is that it's wrong, but that ultimately government should not be enforcing that decision on a woman," Rudy said. "That is my view that I — I consult my religion. I consult my reading of the Constitution. I consult my views of what I think are important in a pluralistic society."
HUH? This came after John Edwards made similar comments of not imposing his morals on the country.

This isn't a discussion about abortion though. It's about having some integrity. Here's another quote about separating morals and politics. In debating the Missouri Compromise, Sen. Stephen Douglas said of slavery:

"I am now speaking of rights under the Constitution and not of moral or religious rights. I do not discuss the morals of the people of Missouri, but let them settle that matter for themselves."

Would anyone agree with that crap today? Than why let these two pluralize morals? Without any moral background there can be no right and wrong. In anything! It would all just come down to personal choice. For example:

I don't like the color pink, but it's okay if you do.

I don't like to eat fish, but it's okay if you do.

I think people should work for a living, but if you don't and feel you must break into my house and kill me and my family and take all my money, hey no problem, it's your choice.

I don't have a "thing" for little boys, but what ever floats your boat. Don't allow me to force my morals upon you.

Think the last two were a little extreme? Why? If our leaders didn't listen to there moral convictions when charting the choice for our country first of all we wouldn't have freedom of religion, the right to vote, slaves would never have been freed, Hitler would have ruled all of Europe and there would be a lot less Jewish people around, etc, etc, etc.

Come on, do they think we are stupid? What about integrity, standing by your beliefs?

Looks like the best choice for the Democrats turns out to be Rudy!

1 comment:

Shawn's Journey said...

if you want someone who has integrity, then McCain is the number one choice. Did you herar his comment at the last debate on the use of torture? I applaude him for it. YouTube it.