Why it's so important...

I guess the reason I'm so taken with the missional/incarnational approach to ministry is that I'm one of the success stories, well, works in progress. I went 30 years without ever hearing the gospel. I was in several "cliques" that could have been reached; baseball, band, low-riders, fishermen.

By God's grace I met Sheri when I was 24. Yes, that meant it took 6 long years for her and Him to work their magic on me but neither gave up. In a way she was a pioneer in the incarnational missions field. Sheri hung out with the superbike crowd. Yes they street-raced, but were all together a great bunch of people. As you know cliques would "inter-mingle" at parties and such. It was at one of theses that we met. She wasn't doing it consciously but she met me in my milieu.

The rest is history...all though she has a long way to go.

No comments: