Gas Relief


I knew that title would get your attention! So this really isn't about rolaids but just as relevant.

Here's my plan to take a load of our wallets and hopefully crunch the oil companies a little bit.

Change our work week from 5 - 8 hour days to 4 - 10 hour days! Yes, there might be an alterior motive hear, namely 3 day weekends, but hey, I'll make the sacrifice! Just thinking small scale the numbers are amazing. How many people commute from Lakeland, FL to Tampa, FL everyday? I'm sure the amount is staggering. I drive 90 miles round trip, now multiply that times everyone else. That's tons of gas in just one fairly small commuting group!

Let's try it out for the summer, call your congressman, put it in the suggestion box at work. I'm convinced this would make a huge difference! Give the companies that go along with it a tax break, they'll jump right aboard!

No comments: