Crazy Weekend (a re-cap)

I'm dead, just waiting for my head to hit my desk. It all started Thursday night....

First get together for the new worship band. We met at Joe's studio and it was awesome! Joe switched from bass to acoustic/vocals, Alyssa and Lora joined Laura on the female vocalist side, a friend of Joe's, Dave, on bass and we had a very talented drummer join us. I'm really hoping to get him connected with us. Since I've replaced myself (hopefully) on drums I'm taking up bass. I need as many options as I can get for us. We got a lot accomplished and are looking forward to this weeks practice and our debut on Sunday. Thank you everyone that came!

Friday: Work

Friday Night: Pretty relaxing, Sheri and I rented "Deja Vu" and the kids got "Shark Boy and Lava Girl". "Deja Vu" was an excellent movie. I figured I would probably crash on the couch as usual but I couldn't stop watching. Turns out Sheri was the one doing the crashing and missed 95% of the movie. I'd definately recommend this, it has some "I see dead people" twists.

Saturday: Caught some of Shark Boy with the kids in the morning and then we were off! Movies with the kids and Papa, always an adventure. They were great and couldn't take their eyes off of "Shrek the Third". Another hit! This Shrek was more appropriate for the kids then the first two but still had enough adult humor to keep me laughing (although juvenile humor works just as well).

Saturday Night: Made it home as Sheri was returning from Erin's post-wedding shower. No rest for the wicked. Got changed and took her to Bonefish for dinner. Absolutely one of our favorites. Sheri had the usually Tuna and I had Gorgonzola Pork chops (I know, strange for a seafood resteraunt but they're grrrrrrrreat!). Now those of you that know me know I'm not a big "go to the movies" guy. I prefer renting and laying on the couch. So of course, we go to the movies! Twice in one day for me is enough to put me in a wheelchair. I have terrible circulation and my legs fall asleep withing seconds of the movie starting. The fact that we saw "Spiderman 3" didn't help. Way too long. Action scenes were great but alot of fluff could have been left on the editing room floor.

Sunday: At the theater (AGAIN) to set up the stage for Church. Every week we are coming up with new ideas to speed things up. Worship was bittersweet. The last time I'll be playing with Aaron. We started out together as newbie's and now he's running of to NYC with his fiance', Tamara. We wish them the best. Next, teardown. With movies starting early for summer we are really in a time crunch. The fact that moviegoers were filing in as we were working didn't help the stress levels. Hopefully some good will come of it and we will reach some of these people. Went back home and crashed, practiced some bass, watched "Deja Vu" again for Sheri and played some ball with the girls.

Sunday Night: Stayed up way too late on the bass because........

Monday: Took the day off from work to take Caitlyn to Cypress Gardens for her end of school trip. This place is awesome for kids. First it was the animals, then the waterski show, rides, lunch, get changed for the water park, get changed again, more rides then finally the park closed. Caitlyn wore me out. By the end I was sitting on the benches watching her ride the coasters.

Monday Night: Up too late again. Had to watch the season finale of "Heroes". I for one thought it was an awesome ending! Plus the fact that there was no real cliff hanger made it all the better. Can't wait til next season!

Tuesday: Finally back at work so I can sleep and catch up on my blogs....... :)

No comments: