How to tell if you ordered to much.....

I finally made it to Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy for dinner Monday. I was overwhelmed. I could have ordered anything! The dip sampler we got first was great; Queso Diablo, Chile con Queso and Avocado Cream! The house salsa with chips is included so I had a nice buffet going on. (Un)fortunately most were to spicy for Sheri. For the main course I thought a combo would be my best option.

Here's the description from the menu-

THE GRANDE: The ultimate combination! Three enchiladas, one beef, one cheese, and one sour cream chicken, tamale, cheese chile relleno, crispy beef taco and guacamole.

To give you an idea of the size of this the manager said the platter sans food weighs in at 8 lbs. After a reasonable wait our food arrived. The waiter sat the tray on a stand and handed Sheri her steak fajita tacos. Bad Move! My platter must not have been centered properly and promptly flipped off the tray. The plate shattered and all that Mexican goodness spray across the dining room. Salsa went across the floor, up and over a half wall and got an unfortunate diner in the back. Everyone jumped to attention and wash wiping her down with club soda while in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Hey, I'm the one that lost his dinner!"

Our waitress quickly got my replacement and it was awesome. Sheri and I topped it off with "Tres Leches Cake", a traditional sweet vanilla cake with three creams (just what I needed). I'd definately go back, not sure about Sheri, but I will!

Quick side note, while paying our bill Sheri and I were talking about the goosebumps up and down her arms. Our waitress misheard us and asked, "Did you just say that the service was the worst?" Not only was her hearing us wrong hilarious, I think it was awesome that she immediately confronted us! Good for her.

No comments: