No Title Needed........



I’m sick of people that use big words to simplify the Gospel.

I’m sick of people heading off to trendy cities because that’s supposedly where they’ve been “called”.

I’m sick of the billions paid to athletes and actors every year and still hear them complain when they’re renewing their contracts.

I’m sick of people that have been blessed with everything being the least thankful.

I’m sick of people that think they need $165,000 to hang out in coffee shops to talk to these same people.

I’m sick of people that blame their materialism, homosexuality/promiscuity and drug abuse on trying to fill a need that’s not being met instead of admitting they’re selfish and don’t give a rat’s ***.

I’m sick of trends in the church and the dog and pony shows that are associated with them.

I’m sick of churches that do everything but teach the Bible.

I’m sick of the arguing, fighting, killing and war about whose way is right all in the name of the same God.

I’m sick of driving 100 miles a day to a job I hate, making more $ than I deserve just to be broke at the end of the week.

I’m sick of pastors that talk more about their new expensive gadgets than about God.

I’m sick of the tons of cash spent every year to go to conferences to learn the coolest new ways to spread the Gospel.

I’m sick of ungrateful and spoiled children.

I’m sick of these same kids that think it’s below them to work at McDonalds or do manual labor.

I’m sick of our country sending billions overseas to countries that hate us.

I’m sick of the fact that it’s easier to adopt overseas than it is in our own country.

I’m sick of the fact that some people actually agree with Rosie O’Donnell.

I’m sick of the fact that I have to spend a fortune so my kids can get a great education while keeping their Christianity in mind.

I’m sick of watering and fertilizing my yard just so I can cut it again.

I’m sick of people that go from church to church expecting you to hold their hands through life and when you don’t they fall into their old ways and blame you.

I’m sick of keeping up with the Jones’ and if I find them I want to strangle them.

I’m sick of people saying Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Iran, etc., etc., are not our problem.

I’m sick of these same people fight for the above people’s rights while stripping ours.

I’m sick of these same people fighting for illegal immigrants rights. Learn the language, become a citizen, get your rights. People wouldn’t have to hire so many illegal’s if it weren’t for the lazy kids mentioned above.

I’m sick of people saying that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality because they were born that way. I was born with a screwed up something in my brain so I guess I’m off the hook for everything, woo-hoo.

I’m sick of politics, in general.

I’m sick of Slim Fast.

I’m sick of checking my cholesterol.

I’m sick of the Geico Cavemen.

I’m sick of popping pills to trick my mind into thinking it’s normal.

2 comments:

E. B. Bauman said...

Chris,

I wish we had a stronger relationship of love and respect for one another, so you would have seen my heart and my wife's heart on Sunday morning.

Just know, that I am always thanking God for your faithfullness to answer your calling as an awesome leader and musician... not to mention one mean shortstop.

Also, I want to say that I do respect your opinion and it was cutting that you find me shallow, or possibly trite, enough to the extent that you publicly and openly display your thoughts regarding what we feel is appropriate for us to be Jesus to Manhattan.

I love ya a ton and would love to sit and flesh this out as brothers on the same mission. I really think we share a lot of the same heart and common ground and, honestly, it would an encouragement to have you praying, cheering and loving on us through this crazy transition in our life and marriage.

Much Love,

Erick

Drummer Chris said...

Boom,

Sorry you got caught up in this crazy argument I'm having with myself in my brain. I admit I do not know what's in your heart.

For whatever reason everything is increasingly seeming fake to me be it the hype and overt snobbiness of "succesful" planters in the blogosphere or past experiences with planting leaders that seem more on a slash and burn game plan, leaving struggling numbers in their wake as they tally up their new churches like notches on a bedpost.

Last night, with just me, Sheri, a couple of other adults and my daughter, I had the best fellowship I've had in a long time. Just us and His word, it was great.

Don't take anything I said as an indication of how Journey or anyone else there feels and be assured that you and Mandy have nothing but my and Sheri's best wishes and prayers for your success.

Peace